Inspired by his own emotional and mental health issues, SIX MHS is the brainchild of former Arsenal and England captain, Tony Adams MBE
SIX MHS Founder and Chairman
TONY ADAMS MBE
Tony Adams made his debut for Arsenal in November 1983 and played his last match in May 2002. During this time, he competed in 669 matches and became universally recognised as the most successful captain in the history of the club.
In 1996 Tony also had the courage to deal with his addiction to alcohol. He told his own story in his autobiography 'Addicted' published in 1998. The proceeds from this book and his commitment to helping others in sport saw the creation of the Sporting Chance charity in the year 2000. It is now the largest provider in the world of education and treatment for sports professionals.
The success of Sporting Chance has led Tony to broaden his horizons and now offer his expertise across the business community.
"Our belief is that the whole can only be as mentally well as the sum of its parts, and it is the wellbeing of the individuals which creates the wellbeing of the Company and vice-versa."
SIX MHS has a national network of therapists, counsellors and psychotherapists with a large number of independent practitioners and partner organisations.
"We mentally and emotionally support every part of the person’s recovery. We are a private and confidential external facility that will handle all your company’s mental health requirements."
©2021 Kensington Palace
Workplace mental ill-health costs employers around £45 billion per year.
Source: Labour Force Survey (LFS) self-reported estimates
THE SIX MHS MENTAL HEALTH EDUCATION PACKAGE
We tailor our Education packages to the client - some example elements are:
• Wellbeing workshop
• Working from home in a post-Covid world
• Resilience & Leadership
• Mental Health in the Workplace talk
• Tony Adams tells his story
• SIX MHS Conference presentation
• Addiction talk
• SIX MHS literature
For more information on how we might be able to help you or your business, please:
• Work is good for mental health but a negative working environment can lead to physical and mental health problems.
• Depression and anxiety have a significant economic impact; the estimated cost to the global economy is US$1 trillion per year in lost productivity.
• Harassment and bullying at work are commonly reported problems, and can have a substantial adverse impact on mental health.
• Taking effective actions to promote mental health in the workplace improves productivity.
For example: for every US$1 put into scaled-up treatment for common mental disorders, there is a return of US$ 4 in improved health and productivity to the company.
• Companies have a legal responsibility to their employees to ensure, promote and safeguard good mental health.
• There are huge financial rewards to supporting your staff’s mental health
GOOD MENTAL HEALTH BENEFITS TO YOUR COMPANY & WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
Financial rewards – we will take a snapshot of the mental health provisions that your company has in place today and then review after the first year of support from SIX MHS.
Our provision will save sick days and improve productivity.
Legal – You have a legal responsibility for your employees' mental health.
Educating the whole company about good mental health
Great PR: You are helping every single employee with their mental health by using our services.