SIX MHS Founder and Chairman
TONY ADAMS MBE
SIX MHS is the brainchild of Tony Adams MBE, inspired by his own recovery from alcoholism and mental health issues, and his work with Sporting Chance, the charity he helped to start at the turn of the millennium. Tony has witnessed the workplace become an increasingly stressful and pressurised environment and formed SIX MHS to deliver solution-based education and treatment to the business community.
Sometimes the hardest thing in the world is admitting you need help.
©2022 Kensington Palace
• Education Seminars & Awareness Programmes
• SIX MHS’s Wellbeing App and Literature
• Consultancy & Workforce Training
• Network of Counsellors - One-to-one therapy
• Triage & Safeguarding Team
• 24/7 Mental Health Helpline
• SIX MHS's Therapy Network
• SIX MHS's Online Recovery Meeting
• Residential Programmes
WHAT OUR CLIENTS SAY
'Very happy to say i’ve struggled and I’m getting supported through the current roller coasters of my life. Thank you Jewson and also Saint-Gobain for offering this to your employees and also massive shout out to Tony Adams for having a superb support team .....THANK YOU!!'
We provide integrated treatment services with aftercare and make sure our clients receive the treatment most appropriate to their condition.
Head of Triage & Safeguarding Lead
Our Director of Triage and Safeguarding Lead is Catrina, a Registered Mental Health Nurse (RMN). She supervises call operation, creates the necessary processes and pathways, and coordinates the Network of Counsellors.
24/7 Mental Health Helpline
Staffed by qualified mental health professionals to ensure the caller receives appropriate help and a safe place to share.
Network of Counsellors – One-to-one Therapy
All our practitioners are vetted as to their qualification, experience, place of work and suitability to a minimum of BACPstandards or the relevant qualification in their field.Referrals start with an assessment that informs the individual’s care plan. This is followed by a Treatment Summary Report (confidentially assured).
• Fellowship groups
• SIX’s Network of Addiction Therapists
• SIX’s Addiction Pan Fellowship online meetings
• SIX’s 90/90 Project
• DBT & Fellowship group model
• Peer Support
• Family Support
• Exercise Therapy
• Residential programmes
• SIX @ Champneys - The Orchard
Life changing Education Seminars & Awareness Programmes
The topics these seminars cover range from: addiction to resilience; depression to leadership.
• Workshops and training days at our treatment facility.
• SIX MHS’s Wellbeing & Addiction App
• SIX Mental Health Literature
• Consultancy & Workforce Training
Line manager and supervisor Mental Health and Addiction training, for:
• Mental Health First aiders
• Mental Health & Addiction Champions and
• Addiction Awareness.Training: We will review organisational policies and procedures and how they enable or restrict employee addiction,mental health and wellbeing e.g. flexible working policy
INTRODUCTION TO OUR SERVICES
MENTAL HEALTH IN THE NEWS
THE FACTS AND FIGURES
POOR MENTAL HEALTH COSTS UK EMPLOYERS UP TO £45 BILLION A YEAR
Rising 16% since 2016, this adds up to an extra £6bn a year for UK employers.
For every £1 spent by employers on mental health interventions they get £5 back in reduced absence, presenteeism and staff turnover
“Employers that take steps to support mental health at work will benefit from a more productive, happy and loyal workforce. Those that ignore the issue, or who undermine the mental health of their staff, risk not only the health of the people who work for them but the wealth of their business and the health of the economy as a whole.”
UK Government 2020
workplace mental ill-health costs employers around £26 billion per year.
Source: Labour Force Survey (LFS) self-reported estimates